Center of Excellence
Bone and joint disorders can be caused by traumatic injuries, age-related conditions, congenital defects, and other underlying diseases. Since musculoskeletal system works coordinately with other complicated systems such as brain and neurological system, the diseases and abnormalities of bones and joints need the most appropriate treatments. The accurate and timely diagnosis substantially leads to effective treatment outcomes while minimizing the risks of complications and long-term disability.
Scope of service
At Orthopedic Center, Bangkok International Hospital, we are highly specialized in holistic care of bone and joint diseases. Our commitment is to provide a comprehensive state-of-the-art care to all patients while taking into consideration of both physical abnormalities and mental support. Our highly skilled and well trained multidisciplinary team consists of orthopedic surgeons, rehabilitation physicians, physical therapists, sport medicine physicians, orthopedic nurses, pharmacists, and nutritionists who are specialized in bone and joint care. All subspecialties in orthopedic field are included such as foot and ankle, hand, and microsurgery, spine, hip and knee, shoulders, elbow and etc. The accurate and timely diagnosis and effective treatment will be supported by advanced orthopedic technologies. Our wide range of services includes preventive programs, diagnostics, treatment, and rehabilitation programs. Mainly based on patient’s needs and preferences, treatment plan will be customized to individual patient covering non-surgical approach, interventional treatment, and surgical treatments.
These surgical treatments include conventional surgery with open incisions and minimally invasive surgery (MIS) or arthroscopic surgery using an arthroscope, an endoscope that is inserted into the joint through a small incision. Due to smaller incisions, this procedure causes less pain, less damage to surrounding tissues and muscles with fewer post-operative complications, leading to a faster recovery time for the patients.
All patients can rest assured that they always receive an effective, safe and timely treatment. With our international standard of care, our comprehensive orthopedic services cover:
- Sports Medicine certified by FIFA
- Foot and Ankle: A holistic care of all traumatic injuries at foot and ankle ranging from aching tendons, hallux valgus, ganglioneuroma, heel pain, plantar fasciitis, calcaneal spurs, or foot bone fractures, and including skin and soft tissue problems.
- Hand, Wrist, Arm, Elbow and Shoulder: Services cover all conditions with both acute and chronic pain e.g. dropped shoulders, rotator cuff tear, swelling, and inflammation of the shoulder joints, bone fractures, and arthritis.
- Spine: Our comprehensive services aim to treat all spinal conditions such as spinal deformities, spine diseases, spinal cord, and nerve disorders in all age groups. Our Spine center is dedicated to be “Center of Excellence” as an expert hub for knowledge sharing from specialists worldwide.
- Hip and Knee: Supported by cutting-edge technology, our Hip and Knee Surgery has been internationally certified by JCI. Our current operative techniques are considered to be “minimally invasive surgery”. These procedures promise less pain, fewer complications with faster recovery resulting in a better quality of life.
- Bone fractures from accidents (Fracture): Our multidisciplinary team provides treatments for all types of bone fractures such as open (or compound fracture), transverse fracture, oblique fracture, comminuted fracture, and complex fractures.
- Pediatric orthopedics: With a multidisciplinary team, we provide musculoskeletal care to children, paying particular attention to emotional and social conditions. Treatments cover spinal deformities, arm bone problems, abnormally short legs, clubfoot muscular, and nervous ailments as well as other bone and muscle diseases found in children.
- Osteoporosis: A specialized orthopedic team is ready to diagnose and treat those at risks for osteoporosis which may have different causes such as degenerative bones in the elderly, a long-term use of steroid drugs and hormonal insufficiency (estrogen) in post menopause women.
- Bone and soft tissue cancer: A holistic care for bone and soft tissue cancer will be provided by a multidisciplinary team specialized in oncology from Wattanosoth Bangkok Cancer Hospital.
Service Highlights: Customized Service with Advanced Caring and Technology
- International standard of “hip and knee surgery” certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) from USA.
- Customized services are delivered during pre- and post-surgery as well as the recovery period. The individualized treatments are holistically planned for each patient by using a digital template for surgical planning and patient customized instrument.
- Highly experienced orthopedic surgeons supported by multidisciplinary team specialized in orthopedic care.
- Total Joint Care covers prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation. Since the early care begins at the early stages of orthopedic diseases, thus disease severity is subsequently reduced. All advanced technology and treatments are readily available such as arthroscopic surgery, direct anterior approach total hip replacement, Minimal Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis (MIPO), and Alter-G (anti-gravity treadmill for restoring muscle strength and range of motion after surgery.
- Artis phenol: Robotic-Assisted Orthopedic Surgery: A robot-supported C-arm angiography system which is developed for use in minimally invasive surgery (MIS). With 3D images, this computer-based technology is applied pre-, intra- and post-operatively to improve the outcome of orthopedic surgical procedures with high degree of precision and safety.
- Advanced Prosthesis: The most appropriate prosthetic will be always chosen to individual patients based on their special conditions and related requirements. To select proper prosthesis, factors involved are life span, material and special features.